Sagittarian’s have a big appetite so it’s fortunate that they are usually sporty enough to work off the calories. All foreign food is appealing to these known wanderers.
When thinking gastronomically, I’m thinking of horse-loving cultures like Spain, a Sagittarian country. Ruling planet Jupiter is of the colour purple, a rare colour in food, so the obvious choice is that big shiny Mediterranean vegetable, aubergine. As a fire sign, the archer loves fried foods. This recipe is a typical Spanish tapas using aubergine. I’ve added a little Venusian honey too.
Berenjenas de la abuela con miel (Grandmother style fried aubergines with honey)
Serves 2 as a snack
1 large firm aubergine, cut into 1 cm square matchsticks
150g plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
200ml olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp honey or cana de sucre (Canaries style cane sugar syrup)
Dried red chilli flakes (optional)
- Prep the aubergine and put the seasoned flour in a shallow bowl. Toss the aubergine matchsticks in the flour.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the olive oil.
- Fry the aubergines in the olive oil (you may have to make this in 2 or 3 batches)
- Drain on kitchen paper then serve while hot on a plate, season to taste.
- Drizzle with honey adding chilli flakes if desired.